Mythoard: Loot Behind Every Door


This month is a pretty good haul, if I do say so myself (as if I had any say or input in the actual things going inside it, ha). I got a lot of things I will use that I didn't even know I wanted. This is what you sign up for a subscription box to get!

Keeping up with the last few boxes, this one has a 'zine filled with all sorts of tables, adventures, house-rules, etc. I did like the Leprechaun's Rosary magic item, which has a sort of Rod of Wonder table with it. I'm not the biggest fan of the magazines, but there is some good stuff in there *grumble* *grumble*.  

Here's a 1 inch magnetic monster token on top of a printed tavern. I'm thinking of cutting this up and making it 2.5D to drop down as a pre-finished house when I need overland structures. Chop off a few walls, glue the whole thing to some foam core or cardboard, add some trim around the sides, and bam. Maybe I'll make a quick post doing just that...

Here's the white box Omnibus Player and Referee Options for use with the Swords and Wizardry rules download. I have no opinion on this as I have not ever played S&W, but this will give me a free opportunity to read up on it and maybe try it? It has a few modules to run as well as the basic rules, so there's nothing standing in my way to give it a go.

Last but not least, my three favorite items from this month. The red dice are a nice complete set that are visually distinct from my usual dice colors. That makes them easy to lend out or add to my usuals when I need an extra d8 or d4. The little notebook is a perfect pad for jotting down quick notes or, as the skull and crossbones indicates, monster hit points. I have always just used a corner of a page here, a notebook margin there, so having a nicely sized page pad like this is something I didn't even know I wanted. I hate having my DM space be cluttered (hence why I coded up my printed pages of random tables, but don't look at it, my programming is not great). The last of the three musketeers is the random door deck, with types of doors and modifications on each card back. Now, I won't have to fumble and make up a door type when asked, I can draw from this handy card pile! 

All in all, I was quite impressed with the selection of goods this month. Congratulations on your six month, Mythoard! Their website seems to be filling out nicely too, it got a face lift since the last time I looked over there.

Comments