Mythoard: The Recievening

It's like Christmas! I just got my Mythoard envelope in the mail, and as promised, I'll be a doing a quick review.
My first impression is that it is a work in progress. Maybe my expectations are a too high for $20, but I'd like to see how the product quality pans out as they grow their subscriber base. The packaging was excellent, I don’t see a single crease, bend, or wrinkle. If you're interested in getting in on the ground floor of what I think is going to be an amazing product, here is Mythoard's latest update.
Update:
12/21/14 8:55 AM  EST
The 100 Beta Mythoards went out on the 
17th.
If you would like to sign up for the January Mythoard, check back on Dec. 29th for open sign ups, available to the first 200 subscribers.   Beta members will receive an email on the 26th, with sign up links.
Here are pictures of everything I got in the neat bundle. The 10+ treasures offer a neat package of almost 30 treasures with lore, open-ended scaling, and suggestions. I generally don't like having lots of papers to leaf through, but there are some cool items in here for inspiration.

 A nice map from Dyson's Dodecahedron. Even if I don't have an immediate use for this map, I am a huge fan of Dyson's maps.

 These blue, draw-able dungeon tiles are something I'll use to supplement my 2.5D tiles. I'd like to see this continue to be included in future months so it fills out into a nice little set of tiles.
 Here's a three part adventure, town, and dungeon with nice, hand drawn artwork.
 My favorite item in the pack, a baby pheonix poster. D'awww.
 My second favorite is this little encounter/postcard for a Mushroom King. Seeing other pictures of people's loot, this card was random. The artwork is fantastic and on the back it gives some background and inspiration for using this as an encounter. I'm big on creepy fungus enemies so I'll be sure to drop this guy in my next dungeon!


If you signed up for Mythoard, what did you think of your haul?

Have a happy and safe holiday, I'll see you after the holidays with a DIY monster and its corresponding conversion to D&D 5e stats. 


Comments